Thursday, September 27, 2012

Where Ever You Go...

Oh, my, my, my.  No.  Yours
Sorry, it's gonna be one of those manic posts I suspicion.  I don't fear or suspect, however. I tried those words out and dismissed them.

AHEM

So I reviewed the previous posts on here.

JOY!!  I don't even remember being in the midst of that angst that caused the writing of the one about the work drama.  So I guess I was able to manifest my belief.  I'm working in a quiet, no-drama environment where the only real fear is that I'll get in my own way.

AND I'm manifesting some little dreams.  I've started singing Karaoke in a safe little environment and become somewhat of a big fish in a little pond within the big apple.

I'm playing a small part in a wonderful Gershwin musical, I've jumped into another small role to rescue a friend's show, I'm auditioning to teach a dance based exercise class, I'm interviewing to volunteer with an organization that is working to end extreme poverty and performed a poem last night at an open mic with a cool theatre group here in the city that I hope to make a permanent part of my life.  It's not the Tonight Show show.  Yet.  But I'll take it.

I've even become grateful for my living situation.  It's a lovely home in a lovely location.  It really is quiet most of the time and you can not beat the price!  I've made a certain peace with my roommates and it's actually pleasant to be there.

Most importantly, I have been able to accept the fact that a large part of the dissonance in my home life was due to my own issues and perceptions and stubbornness in the face of change.  WOW.  I hate that.  I mean, I love that I'm resolving it, but I hate that it's me and I have to face that.  It makes me crinkle my nose as though there's an unpleasant odor in the air.

It is the season of death, however, and it is time to let outmoded beliefs die and allow a rebirth into the embrace of some new, appropriate and joyful ones.  This is, literally, written in the stars.  According to the Power Path Moon Forecast, which I am a big follower of, this is a theme that will be prevalent for the next three years as we, as a society, transition out of a materialistic view focused on the individual into a spiritual oneness.

And here I will include my poem, On The Benefits of Lentils, which was first performed last night, September 26, 2012 at The Actor's Theatre Workshop, NYC.  Not so manic after all.  Enjoy.


On the benefits of lentils
Which are loaded with goodness of protein
And nutrients for your temple
Of love
Only make sure they’re organic
Littlelegumes
Not Monsanto-ized for profit
But born of the good earth
We have all
Agreed to create
Lets go forward
Making it whole
Believing it is rich and abundant
And well loved
Because we know atoms are arisen of consciousness
That the beliefs we believe are the pictures we see
The dream we live is the one we planned in that hypnogogic state
Between sleep and true wakefulness
Are you truly awake, tho
Daring to believe that the life you dream of
The life I dream of is where
 all love each other
Differences are honored
Animals are never abandoned
And children are all happy and free
Tyranny isn’t a word understood
And abundance is a given
The way that the glow of the sun is to us all now
Don’t you feel your heart open and swell at the thought
Stay there!
With that open swollen heart
And let it spill out into the atoms
And the mind of the world
And into each others hearts. 
That one heart that we all possess together



1 comment:

  1. Awesome stuff, Tracy. Keep doing this.

    And so happy things have resolved a bit with your living situation, not the way you would have liked, but perhaps in a way that helps you grow and appreciate the positives more than the negative.

    Gare

    ReplyDelete